Thursday, June 16, 2011

Poe Cottage Plaster Party Contest!

The Historic House Trust of the Bronx, NY held an all media art contest. The winners get their pieces plastered in the walls of Edgar Allan Poe's last residence before his death, that now stands as a Museum. Not to mention the house where the beloved Virginia Clemm died of the consumption AND the house where Mr.Poe finished writing "The Raven.". After hundreds of entries, and 14 winners (one being an honorable mention, so basically 13 winners) I got the honor of being one of those winners. The works will be put in a time capsule, and taken out in the future, maybe when I'm an old, retired artist, or maybe when I've already fell victim to the conquer worm...

My entry piece is the image you see above^^^ Done in ink and Sharpie.

Pictures will be posted of the event right on this blog, and be sure to check out my Youtube channel: LeviLionelLeland for video's of the hands-on plastering. Thank you!!! :) ***Note the event takes place on June 23, so expect recollection of the event around the weekend.   

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations again! Your art is amazing. If you're capable of this at just 16, I look forward to seeing what you do 5, 10, 20 years from now! You should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara! I really appreciate it! So, so much! I'm following your blog(s) by the way :) They look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Levi you are incredible! Keep it up. I love you. Love Auntie Stacie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Auntie! Love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete